Friday, January 4, 2013

October 31, 2012 Colorado Plains

My daughter Jaime, her husband Jered and two of the grand kids live just about seventy miles east of our home in the community of Strasburg, Colorado.  That's pretty much out there in the plains of Colorado east of Denver.  I often kid her about living in Kansas.  I can't blame them though, it's a great community with great schools for the kids and it's away from the hustle of the big city of Denver.  It's petty much a day trip to go out and see them

If I were to move out of the mountains west of Denver I would likely move into the plains where Jaime and Jered and the girls live.  I like it there.

It's wide open, the air is clean and you can see where the clouds hit the ground.


It reminds me of my childhood home in Wyoming.
 
I drove out there for a Halloween costume parade at the grand kids school on Halloween day.
 
I try to stay off of the highway any time I can.  Sometimes I think highways were invented so people could pass life by as quickly as possible.
 
I took a back road to Strasburg and back on Halloween day.  I'm glad I did.  This beautiful guy was there watching for me from his perch on a fence post.  It was as though he was waiting for me.  I noticed him watching me as I drove by.  He kept right on watching me and gave me time to turn around, park across the road from him and mount my long lens to the camera.
 
 
He kept his eye on me the whole time I was there watching him.

 
 
I don't think he was so sure he could trust me too much.

 
 
I don't suppose I can blame him for being nervous.  We humans can sometimes do pretty stupid things.

 

Eventually he'd had enough of me.  I suppose he decided he had given me enough time to take his photo and besides it was lunch time and I'm sure there was a mouse or two out there that were waiting for him......

 
More of the hawk Red tailed hawk
More Colorado wild life: Colorado wildlife
More Colorado scenery: Colorado
 

No comments:

Post a Comment