Friday, August 9, 2013

July 20, 2013 Family reunion

Boy does time fly!  And I never really seem to have the time to do the things I want to do like update this blog.

I see the last entry I made was at the end of June but it is already the beginning of August.  Summer has been busy.  There are only so many weekends  up here in the mountains between the snow falls and it seems like we are always so busy. 

So tonight I have a few minutes so I guess I will leave the television turned off and try to catch things up.  Not that anyone ever reads this but at least I will be able to say I am caught up.
--------------------------------

Once a year my family tries to get together to see how bad time has destroyed our bodies.  And, I suppose, to see how much the kids and grandkids have all grown and to make sure that we are all doing as well as we can.  I should throw in too that we need to get together once in awhile to count the new faces.  Grandkids, Grand nephews and Grand nieces sprout up endlessly. 

I can probably throw in a Great Grand (something)... too but honestly... I don't really know.  If any of my relatives ever read this please let me know.  Do I have any 'Great Grand' somethings and if so who are they and how am I related?

My sister has a cabin in the Uintah Mountains in northern Utah (https://sites.google.com/site/warrenwildernesscabin/home).   The cabin is always a good place to get together.  Most of my five siblings live four or five hours away by car so the drive isn't too bad for them except for the ungodly cost of fuel these days.  My oldest brother lives in California though so he doesn't often make it to Utah for the reunion.

My wife and I live close to Denver so the drive is a little long for us but doable in a day.  And since we put so much time into re-building our new (old) RV we decided we would take it out there this year. 

The drive is 397 miles from where we park the RV here in Colorado to the cabin in Utah according to Google.  Also according to Google it should take six hours and thirty one minutes to get there.  I think the mileage is about right but for some un-known reason it took us twelve hours.  It always does!  Do the people who figure out the mileage and time for Google ever stop to pee or eat?  How the heck can you ever go 397 miles in just over six hours?  My god man my bladder isn't that big!

We didn't take the Samurai with us but that is OK.  There was no reason to leave camp and go any where and even though this blog is supposed to be about "Travels with Sammi" I do have a disclaimer somewhere that says "... and anything else I want to write about" (or something similar).  Besides, there is a sticker on the side of the RV from the previous owner that says "Good Sam Club" so much to my wife's dismay I'm going to refer to the RV as Big Sam from this point forward.  She kept telling me she wanted to name it but she hasn't come up with a name so Big Sam it shall be.  What do you think of those apples Rose Bud?



Our stay at the reunion was real nice.  It was only the two of us that went out there and this RV thing is new to us so it was a new experience for us and very enjoyable.  Lots of conversation, lots of getting back in touch and very relaxing.

Beautiful vegetation!

 
 
 
 
 
 




 

 


 
A cool stream to play in!
 
 
 

Humming birds that were almost like pets.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 Caves to explore.


 












And most of all family!
Wow!  Can you believe looking at this photo that it only took three of my siblings to produce all of these people!  I swear they are almost like rabbits! 
 
OK, that isn't quite true.  My wife and I are in that photo and the kids had to find mates to make the babies but all that aside what the heck is the family going to look like next year or in ten years?  OMG!


 
 Have you ever played "Find Waldo"?
 
Try "Find George"

No comments:

Post a Comment