Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sunday, August 4, 2013 - Zukiworld get together

I think I posted some time back that I have been watching a web site called Zukiworld.com  dedicated to Suzuki enthusiasts.  The last couple of years Suzuki enthusiasts from around the country have been gathering in the Taylor Park area to do some four wheeling.  We missed it by one week last year because I wasn't even aware that they did it.  I was disappointed when I found that out but this year, the way time things worked out, I managed to get together with them down there.

They had planned several trail rides during the week but I only managed to ride with them on one.  It was a hoot.  Several of them got together at the Pizza Hut in Gunnison on Sunday afternoon to talk about what their plans were and to discuss modifications they had made and reflect on prior rides.  I took the whole family along to Pizza Hut and joined them. 

We made a day of it by heading to Gunnison from Taylor Park over Cumberland pass. 
 
It's a little late in the season but there has been enough rain that the wild flowers were very abundant all over the place.
 
 
 
The route over Cumberland pass to Gunnison takes you through Ohio City, an old ghost town brought back to life.  Neat little town.  To bad there are no jobs available or I might just move there.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment