Monday, August 12, 2013

August 11, 2013 - Lunch time at the house

Did I mention that I am blessed with living in one of the most beautiful places there is?  Yah, I guess I did.

Pam and I love to travel, but we also like to stay home where it is quiet too.  Having just gotten back from a week playing in the mountains where we saw virtually no wild life we were sitting in the dining room having some lunch when we noticed out the dining room window that  these fellas decided it was lunch time too.

There are loads of wild raspberries that grow at our house.  Somehow the elk and deer know when they are ripe.  We seldom use them unless the grandkids want to make jelly but the berries were ripe and the kids weren't coming up for awhile so we watched them enjoy their lunch.







There are usually four of these guys that run together.  I wonder where the forth one is today?


We love to watch them eat the berries but it is a totally different thing when they head for the flowers in the garden!  Pamela simply won't put up with that, not at all.

Looks like she has to get her concoction out and spray again!

I'm not sure what the details are of her receipt but I can tell you she sends away for the hottest peppers she can find and buys them by the ten pound bag, boil them up, add a little elk urine, skunk spray and a few other tasty sounding ingredients and the flowers are safe!  Unfortunately we were away for several days and it has been raining so it was pretty much washed off of everything.


A full stomach, time for a little snooze in the shade.


This guy wasn't quite satisfied I guess. He knew we were watching and he knew he was in trouble so I stood there and waited for us to stop paying attention to him so he could finish lunch.


A little grooming now the stomach is full.


No comments:

Post a Comment