Friday, August 9, 2013

July 29, 2013, Our humming bird

We were standing outside one night last week sending the kids off.  As dad was buckling in one of the twins a humming bird dive-bombed him making quite a racket.

I had never noticed it before but next to the driveway just outside of the front door and just above head height a humming bird has decided to make a home.

Frankly I'm thinking it is a little late in the season because if the little ones ever hatch they are only going to have a couple short months to get their strength together and learn to fly.  Snow will be hitting the Colorado mountains within just a few short months and it is quite a long way to get to Mexico from here where I believe these little guys go for the winter.

Pretty neat discovery all in all.  I've looked for their nests several times but rarely find them.






Very cute little lady.  I hope her family grows up big and strong.  It's a long way south.

No comments:

Post a Comment