Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 18, 2012 - Return to Chinn Lake

The last time we were up here we were just passing through but we noticed the fish rolling in Chinn lake as we stopped for a short break.  We all agreed that we had to come back and do some serious fishing.

Although this stretch wasn't bad at all there are some pretty hairy places along the road but nothing the Sammi couldn't handle.


It's all BLM land so it's first come first serve for places to set up camp but we found a great spot right by the edge of the lake.

There's nothing like sitting around an open fire having a bratt and a beer or two.



It has probably been 20 or 30 years since I last slept under the stars but that's what we did Saturday night.  When you get away from the city lights the sky is spectacular.  There is nothing like it.  It's absolutely beautiful. 

Everybody needs to sleep under the stars once in awhile.  You don't realize just how small you really are until you lie there in wonder at the vastness of the universe.  I made myself a promise that I can't wait that long to sleep under the stars again. 

The lake is about 12 or 15 feet lower than normal this year it looks like.  But then maybe it rises and falls that far from spring to late summer every year.  I certainly don't know.  This is a photo of our camp from water's edge.


As usual it was a great ride with no problems at all along the way.  Of course I always take my tools with me just in case because you can never tell when a Jeep is going to need them.

1 comment: