Friday, August 10, 2012

June 2 2012, Dead Horse mill

One of the most photographed places in Colorado was the destination for the next outing with the Sammi.

I've heard the place called different names; Lost Horse Mill, Dead Horse Mill, Lost Crystal Mill and I remember telling my kids for the longest time it was called Lost Angel Mill.

Nevertheless its a great ride and a wonderful destination.

My wife Pamela hates to go four wheeling. She doesn't mind it when the road is smooth but she hates the bumps. I had been trying to get her to this place for fifteen years and it took our son Jordan to convince her to go with us on this one. 

The road is a little bumpy in places but both the Sammi and the wifie did a great job. I somehow knocked something lose in the catalytic converter (on the Sammi not the wife), it rattles like there's a rock bouncing around in it now but that's OK I'll fix it at the end of the summer maybe.

Seeing as how the Sammi is twenty five years old I always take tools along on these excusions just in case. This trip I had to actually use them. Not for the Sammi, for my son's Jeep. He pulled his exhaust off and later overheated. The Sammi purred like a kitten...





No comments:

Post a Comment